Dog Grooming is Momentous for Taking Healthy Care of Your Pet Dog
Grooming is an essential part of dog care, and any responsible owner concerned with dog health should take this into serious consideration. Unlike popular consent that dog grooming is needed only when required, it is a meticulous process that should be initiated right from the time your dog is young and trainable. Grooming your dog not only makes it look better but more importantly, it helps to maintain the health of your pet as well.
Here are Some Reasons Why Grooming is So Essential for Dog Health
- Regular basis dog grooming sessions assist the animal in getting accustomed to your touch while you’re accessing sensitive areas of his body, so later on, when the puppy grows, you will not come across any angry retorts from him because he’s become used to these sessions. The dog grooming session is also a major stress buster for both the pet and you, providing some quality time.
- There are a large number of dog breeds from colder climes who shed their hair on a regular basis. This can cause allergies if there are children in the house and also lead to entanglement of the hairs in the coat. It can be avoided easily if you practice daily brushing and also a weekly bath with a specialized dog hair conditioner shampoo; it will save you a lot of time as well as prevent fur all over the house.
- A lot of medical issues can be nipped in the bud if you take proper care to make your dog clean from the beginning. There has been many a case where dogs had problems, in particular on the skin and the toenails which went unnoticed due to the lack of proper grooming. And these problems are compounded in elderly dogs. If you are uncertain about grooming with due diligence and care, there are trained professionals who can tailor made the grooming required for your breed of dog.
- Checking your dog’s eyes, ears, and toenails as well as feet on a daily basis is advisable because regular grooming sessions make you adjusted to spot the slightest deviance from normal physical appearance and you can get in touch with your vet as soon as possible.
- Dental care is something most dog owners miss out on, yet it is very important to avoid high costs raking up because of the many physical problems arising from improper canine teeth care.
- If you’ve purchased a puppy that is of show quality and you also intend to raise it for breeding, then dog grooming takes paramount importance, because the judges at dog show anywhere will go over your dog from head to toe before deciding if your dog deserves a podium finish. And it goes without saying that healthy puppies can only be born from a healthy mother.
Let Us Take a Look at What’s Required of You to Keep Your Dog Clean and Presentable
Before embarking on grooming, please ensure you have the right set of combs, brushes, clippers and conditioning shampoo so that the process is easier for both the dog and you. If you’re unsure about what to use, consult a vet.
Here again, ask your vet how often you need to brush, and he will suggest a schedule based on the species of dog you own. Brushing removes tangles and matted hair that happens during shedding, and if you happen to find any on your pet, you should get a specialized comb to remove the mats. If you don’t, it will cause unnecessary pain and discomfort to your dog. Head to a grooming expert if the problem is beyond you.
This again depends on the breed of dog you own. I would suggest that instead of experimenting with a soak in the bathtub, consult the vet again for a proper bathing schedule as well as recommendations for shampoo that will be beneficial for the kind of dog you have.
This is a very crucial and important part of dog grooming. It should ideally be initiated as soon as you buy a puppy. Start by gently holding his/her paw in your hand and only clip off the top of each nail. Let him get accustomed to the process as it is a precise and delicate one. If unsure, ask for tips from the ever helpful vet. You’ll find that a lot of problems like overgrown nails causing damage to furniture are overcome with this. Additionally, when you clip nails, you should regularly check the feet as well to spot swelling, matted fur or cracked pads, something that requires immediate attention as it is very painful for your dog.
You can clean the ears of the dog every week, especially large dogs, and this should be ideally done by putting your dog in a dog crate and gently applying the epi-otic cleanser recommended. If you smell any foul odor, visit the vet immediately.
Periodontal disease is identified as an extensive health problem among dogs, and you should start getting your puppy accustomed to a toothbrush as soon as possible.
In conclusion, we can see that many factors advocate dog grooming for the right reasons as a good pet care. Ideally, you should start the process of grooming as soon as the puppy is Three weeks old. Not only will your dog be as fine as rain, but the luster and sheen of his coat will also speak volumes about the care taken to keep him in proper shape.
July 23, 2017
July 22, 2017
July 9, 2017
July 8, 2017
July 3, 2017