How You Can Avoid The Most Frequently Occurring Dog Health Problems
Bringing a dog home as a pet brings a lot of responsibilities with it. A dog, when becomes your pet, is just like any other family member and you need to take complete care regarding his health, food, needs and hygiene. Just like humans, dog health problems need to be resolved in time to ensure a healthy and happy life for your dog.
Common Dog Health Problems,Treatment, And Prevention
A dog is a perfect companion for you, but at the same time, it depends on you for his take care. You should be aware of the causes and symptoms of few common dog problems to keep your canine friend to the best of his health. Few of the most common dog health problems are:
Dog Ear Infections
Dog ear infections in are probably the biggest and the most common health related issue. They are caused by yeast, ear mites, allergies, bacteria or due to the hair growing deep into the ear canal. The symptoms may include, ear odor, body imbalance, vigorous scratching, redness of the ear canal, tilting of the head, swelling in the outer ear or a yellow, brown or bloody discharge from the ear.
|Remedy For Dog Ear Infection|
- Always visit a vet in case of a dog ear infection. Cleaning dog ears canal and giving proper medication for dog ear infection quickly. In the case of a chronic ear infection, surgery may be required. Keep your dog clean and give him proper hygiene to avoid these infections and remember, the early diagnosis is the best treatment.
Dog worms are like Hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms are the most common internal parasites found in dogs. Normally they may make your pooch uncomfortable, a few, like hookworms, may prove to be fatal in puppies. Symptoms may include weight loss, diarrhea, vomiting, scooting at its bottom, an altered appetite and a dry and rough coat.
Treatment For Worms in Dogs
- Visit your vet to diagnose the dog worms problem in time so that proper treatment can be started. Treatment varies with the kind of worm your dog has got infected with and requires proper medicines and follow ups. So, self-medication is highly inadvisable. Give clean, fresh and healthy food to prevent worm infection in dogs.
Flea Infestation On Dog
Fela infestation on dog It is a very common Dog health problem in canines. Dogs can pick up fleas very easily and it takes just 3 weeks for 1 flea to become a full-fledged infestation of one thousand biting bugs. The symptoms include excessive licking, biting and scratching on the infested skin, hot spots, hair loss, allergic dermatitis, flea dirt, and tapeworms. They can cause harm not only by making them uncomfortable and irritated but also by causing anemia due to the blood loss.
Treatment and Prevention
- You can contact your vet for the best flea medication for dogs . Medicines may include shampoo, sprays, oral medicines, collars or topical liquids. You can prevent this flea infestation on dog by avoiding taking your dog to the unhygienic places, close to shrubs, etc. and by keeping him neat and clean with regular bathing with a good dog shampoo.
Dermatitis in Dogs
Dog dermatitis is a bacterial infection, which can grow very quickly if left untreated. They are commonly called hot spots by people and can occur due to other problems like dog ear infections or fleas. Any irritation on the dog’s skin that can make him chew or scratch can cause itch and pain of a hot spot. They can irritate your dog and can cause a lot of discomfort and pain to him.
Treatment and Prevention
- A vet can easily diagnose the cause of the hot spot depending on its location. Once the diagnosis is made, treatment becomes simpler. The treatment includes antibiotics, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, topical medicines depending upon the situation and pain. The best way to prevent them is to observe proper hygiene.
Dogs and Diarrhea
Doggy diarrhea can have some causes in dogs which include viral infections, gut parasites, stress and food problems. The main symptoms include loose, liquid or watery stools, fever, vomiting, bloody stools, lethargy, loss of appetite, etc. It can make your pooch very weak and uncomfortable and hence needs to be taken care of quickly.
How To Cure Diarrhea in Dogs
- The most important thing to remember is that diarrhea can make your dog excessively dehydrated hence you should try to give him plenty of clean water. Wait for a day and then take your dog to the vet if the symptoms persist or worsen.
Induce Vomiting in Dogs
Induce Vomiting in Dogs
Vomiting in dog one of the most common health problems related to dogs. It may have some possible causes like intestinal parasites, infection, pancreatitis, poisoning, kidney failure or heart stroke. You may witness abdominal drooling and heaving caused by nausea, blood in vomit, diarrhea or lethargy. The dog may become extremely weak if the vomiting persists for a longer time.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Vomiting in dog treatment depends on the cause of the problem and may include drugs to control vomiting, fluid therapy, homemade and light food such as boiled potato, rice, and well-cooked skinless chicken. You may prevent it by giving fresh and hygienic food to him.
A dog is a friend for life, and it is your duty to keep him safe and healthy. Groom, your dog, regularly to prevent several health problems that may cause severe discomfort and pain to him. Also, visit your vet for regular checkups and vaccinations. Take good care of your pooch to prevent parasite infections and learn first aid methods so that you can provide immediate help in case of an emergency. All these measures will ensure a safe, healthy and happy life for your best friend.
Disclaimer: - The value sharing information/topics provided on this site are not in any case intended to supersede the advice of your esteemed physician or veterinarian. The web content/health blogs furnished on this website are solely for the purpose of creating awareness and providing education and information. We are not to be blamed/held responsible for any inaccurate content or information about dog care and products and all the decisions regarding it should always be taken after due consultation with your veterinarian.
September 19, 2017
August 25, 2017
August 15, 2017
July 23, 2017
July 22, 2017